478 Eveline Street
James Stuart, manager of the Selkirk Electric Light Company, built this house in 1904. The Selkirk Electric Light Company was formed in 1890 and was the first producer of electricity in town.
The 2 1⁄2 storey house is of brick masonry with a poured concrete foundation. It is distinguished by decorative brick belts, details on the open verandah and the arch windows. Window and door frames are the original and it is the only house in Selkirk with a back (or servant’s) stairway.
The Stuart House is currently owned by the City of Selkirk.