323 Eveline Street
Please do not enter any of the residential Heritage Houses — people still live there!
This Queen Anne-style house was built in 1888 for Captain Charles H. West by Robert Moncrieff and Frank Wright. This is a 1 1⁄2 storey structure with horizontal wood siding on a wood frame and sits on a stone foundation. A bay window protrudes into the open verandah, which is supported by columns and the walls are trimmed with bargeboard and shingles. Although the interior has been altered and a door and window in the front have been removed, it still has the original woodwork, staircase, and wood flooring.
West House Collection
A Walkers Guide to The Historic Buildings of Selkirk, 1996