This is a black and white photo of Eveline street with tall buildings on either side from the early 1900s.

Eveline Street

The name Eveline was given to the muddy trail behind the busy waterfront in 1875.  Eveline was most likely the wife of inn-keeper and entrepreneur, John Greig. Before the creation of Selkirk, the “inner trail”, as it had been known for 50 years, led along the river bank to Lower Fort Garry. The fur trade…