Photo of Knox Presbyterian Church. Made with bricks and high peaking A-Frame roofs.

McLean Avenue

The name of this avenue recognizes the family of D.W. McLean. The family farmhouse stood on the NW corner where Knox Church was built in 1904. Sometimes naming a street in honour of a landowner helped persuade him to sell when the town fathers wanted the land. “Church Street” One of the architectural treasures of…