Little Lake

Little Lake Park East end of Dorchester Avenue, R1A 02K Size: 44 acres (approx.) Little Lake Park was officially opened in 1991, but its roots date back to a much earlier greenspace called Daerwood Park. The first mention of Daerwood Park comes in the recollections of Mabel Vogen of the Selkirk Enterprise. In a 1954…

Queen’s Park

Queen’s Park 304 Eveline Street 1 acre (approx.) The site that is now home to Queens Park was vacant since the construction of the Selkirk Lift Bridge in 1935, and perhaps even longer as before the bridge, this junction was a busy ferry crossing. In May 1951, the local International Order of Odd Fellows (IOOF)…