Historic HousesPhoto that captures the front and sides of the Merchant's Hotel. This photo shows the buildings multiple levels.

383 Eveline Street

The first Merchant’s Hotel on this property was built in 1887 by John Christian Shultz. The original building was moved back in 1903 to make room for this one. In addition to serving as a hotel, this building has provided space for the Bank of Montreal, a barbershop, and a pool room.

The three-storey building is built of brick on a wood frame, with a band of decorative brickwork along the roofline. The third-floor windows are topped with voussoirs. The verandah was added in 1995, duplicating one shown in early photos.